Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Thursday 15 April 09




Metcon

The Terminator Tabata

round 1: Shirpees (shitty burpees, yeah I made that up)
with 20lb med ball, dumbbell, kettlebell,vest, etc. do burpees. same movement just hold the weight in your hands the whole time using the weight to push up on and then jump over head with it. post load used.

round 2: weighted pull ups. use same vest or hold a weight with your feet. post load used.

round 3: kettlebell swings. Heavy as you want. post load used.

round 4: sprints with vest or weight in hands. post load used.

20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest repeated 8 times equals one round
1 min rest between rounds.

so this may or may not suck. Remember to set a pace that you can sustain the whole 20 seconds. Your count is continuous through each round. At the end you should have a complete rep total of each round and overall total. The weight you use is up to you. Pick something heavy and have a lighter stand by weight on hand.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realise there wasn't a way to score the sprint portion until I did it. next time the sprint will be over a known distance and reps will be for every lap. I did 20 meter laps.

    round 1: 41 20lb vest
    round 2: 48 20lb vest
    round 3: 57 24kg kb
    round 4: 17 20m laps 20lb vest
    total: 163

    This one was fun. you'll see it again but I'm gonna tweak it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was doing good until i noticed that you used a 24kg kb. Damn it, I knew I should have gone heavier

    ReplyDelete